• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Are you tape Measure certified??

cda

Sawhorse 123
1. Are you certified?

2. Has your tape been calibrated?

How can the public trust you, if you do not take care of the small stuff?

They forgot, "Cat toy", cat's love chasing that retractable tape!

Then we have the fat max betting on how long the tape will go out before it bends!

I saw one tape that had a place to write your measurements on the side and one that had a level vial.

Did you know that Stanley makes a millimeter tape for those northern guys! (tmurray, got your ears on?)

They forgot, "Cat toy", cat's love chasing that retractable tape!

Then we have the fat max betting on how long the tape will go out before it bends!

I saw one tape that had a place to write your measurements on the side and one that had a level vial.

Did you know that Stanley makes a millimeter tape for those northern guys! (tmurray, got your ears on?)
We use a "bilingual" tape measure with imperial and metric.

I'm surprised that the author gets his tapes to last 10 years. I usually only get 2-3 years out of mine, but to be fair, they do see fairly heavy use.

tm, Is the bilingual tape the same as a talking tape measure? That makes my folding measuring stick a relic.