• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Attachable Bidet

We just purchased a new Toto bidet seat. When we purchased has a huge seat, a pre-mist of the bowl to keep things from sticking. It has front and rear wash with oscillation and a adjustable temperature dryer. The water for the wash is heated through a on-demand heater built into the seat so you never hunt out of water. It has a remote control as well as controls on the side of the seat. Not cheap but certainly worth it!
Not cheap … how much? Wonder why the seat is huge?

The Toto was very difficult installing (this was a model 5 years ago)....a fitting was constantly leaking and others on the interweb had the same issues. Maybe they've addressed it. I was doing some caregiving and it was a great item to have. I do believe they will become more popular.

The Toto was very difficult installing (this was a model 5 years ago)....a fitting was constantly leaking and others on the interweb had the same issues. Maybe they've addressed it. I was doing some caregiving and it was a great item to have. I do believe they will become more popular.
We've had 2, the 1st 1 was installed 14 years ago in the most recent one about 5 months ago and neither of them record any special fittings and installation was very easy!

There’s some things that I hope I never get used to. Another is peanut butter flavored whiskey. It was on the Costco shelf and I figured it would have a hint of peanut butter. It has a hint of whiskey. Awful enough that I called Costco. The guy said, “Oh I’ve had that and loved it.”

Last edited:
ICE,
Just have a few dark chocolates with your peanut whiskey, that should make it palatable!

Is there an anti-siphon or backflow prevention device built into this so when the toilet overflows and the water pressure drops, contaminated water does not flow back into the potable water line?

When installing in a commercial toilet room, will the IECC require a hot water recirc line to limit the amount of water wasted before warm / hot water is delivered?o_O

Mech: On the Toto models, the entire seat assembly with its built-in bidet sits above the rim of the bowl, so it would normally have an air gap of at least 1/4" or more - - no siphon problem.
During operation, a "wand" extends (telescopes) out and downward into the bowl area, to spray upward onto your nether regions. Every time the wand retracts into the seat, it is sprayed clean with ionized water and bombarded with UV light. I do not know if there is an additional siphon break inside the seat mechanism.

Regarding hot water: the Toto models are insta-hot. Only a cold water supply line is needed, as the water is heated inside the seat mechanism. On the moderate priced versions, it has a small built-in tank where the water is kept warm. On the high-end models it is a tankless insta-hot, about 1200 watts or so, which is why you want a dedicated 15 amp circuit for the toilet.

Last edited: