• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

automatic substitution??

jim baird

Silver Member
When I composed a new post the site, when I hit the submit button, changed my word "architect" to "man with pencil who draw".

I don't care, but do wonder why.

Re: automatic substitution??

Do you think if I entered "man with pencil who draw" it would show up as "architect"?

jim baird said:
Do you think if I entered "man with pencil who draw" it would show up as "man with pencil who draw"?
LOL! Just happened again. Hmmmm, wonder about those "moderators".

Jeff's been playng around with some of the functions of the board. Attornyy (when spelled right) was another humorous word.

jim baird

I think it is one of those three letter agencies monitoring your computer :::::

"ICC"

It's a MYSTERY!?!?!

NAHHHHHHH! Just jar546 playing. I thought he removed that one after the first day, oh well.

Intentional misspellling or ch@rac+er substitution will bypass the filter.

FM William Burns said:
Funny....I guess us graduates from Hooked on Phonics don't have problems with this :oops:
I always wondered why "phonics" wasn't spelled fonetiklee . . . . :?

Pencils are so 20th century! It should be "man with mouse who draw" (or "man or woman with mouse who draw" if you want to be politically correct). I suppose in few more years it will be "man with mouse who create BIM model"

BTW, should a contractor be called "man with nail gun who build"?

Is there anyway this can be fixed? I don't mean to be stuffy, but it would be nice to remain professional in my posts and also make sure they make sense when giving advice...

In appreciation for your past and future posts which greatly contribute to this forum, I have removed the censoring of the word architect.

Awwww, I was just going to suggest Code Official be changed to Man with book who says NO! :lol: :lol:

John Drobysh said:
Awwww, I was just going to suggest Code Official be changed to Man with book who says NO! :lol: :lol:
Not "Chuck Norris?"

I vote for Chuck Norris. Did you know he counted to infinity..........three times!

jar546 said:
In appreciation for your past and future posts which greatly contribute to this forum...
Absolutely hilarious. You mean all 5 of them, one of which was deleted, and one asking you to change your website?

What's even funnier, is everyone is actually writing "man with pencil..." now anyway, so it's just like it was before...

Nice way to make an entrance; join a website and immediately start asking them to change it to suit you. Not to be stuffy or anything...