• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

automatic substitution??

Re: automatic substitution??

Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you stay and contribute. We have a tendency to express our opinions openly; so, please don't take anything personal. It's what makes this forum unique.

I'm an Inspector; "Those who can't do, inspect those that dodo." :)

Uncle Bob

I'm wondering if we should just start putting words down to see what gets cencored/auto-substituted.

archiect is safe now (THAT sounds interesting).

attorney =

lawyer =

moderator =

engineer =

inspector =

Hmmmm.

(I guess there's just no substitute for fun, eh?)

I agree with texasbo.......the guy decides after 3 hours of being a member of this site that we are unprofessional? Not sure how that got by all of us for the last month that we were having a bit of fun with it. :eek:

They must not have a sense of humor in architect's forums....... :roll:

Jeff, because I've been a member here for more than 3 hours, and depending on who you ask, I actually HAVE made a small contribution to this site, and furthermore because I have never before asked you to change YOUR website to suit MY petty interests, I'm appealing to you to change it back to Man With Pencil Who Draw.

Just out of principle...

High Desert said:
I vote for Chuck Norris. Did you know he counted to infinity..........three times!
Go to google.

Enter "where is chuck norris" in the search box.

Press the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

texasbo said:
Jeff, because I've been a member here for more than 3 hours, and depending on who you ask, I actually HAVE made a small contribution to this site, and furthermore because I have never before asked you to change YOUR website to suit MY petty interests, I'm appealing to you to change it back to Man With Pencil Who Draw. Just out of principle...
Not because "the building official's opinion is the only one that counts?"

I so lost that bet.

Here's a start...

architect = "man with pencil who draw"

attorney / lawyer = "man with tie who argue"

economist = "man with stats who guess"

engineer = "man with math who optimize"

inspector =

moderator =

plumber = "man with pipe who cut hole"

real estate agent = "man with sign who open door"

brudgers said:
texasbo said:
Jeff, because I've been a member here for more than 3 hours, and depending on who you ask, I actually HAVE made a small contribution to this site, and furthermore because I have never before asked you to change YOUR website to suit MY petty interests, I'm appealing to you to change it back to Man With Pencil Who Draw. Just out of principle...
Not because "the building official's opinion is the only one that counts?"

I so lost that bet.

Ha! I was feeling charitable.

Plus I knew you had money riding on it.

BUT!!!! how many of you are aware of the fact that Chuck Norris failed his first Black Belt test? Put that in your 'Trivial Pursuit' box!

John Drobysh said:
BUT!!!! how many of you are aware of the fact that Chuck Norris failed his first Black Belt test? Put that in your 'Trivial Pursuit' box!
The blackbelt test didn't fail Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris failed the blackbelt test.

brudgers said:
John Drobysh said:
The blackbelt test didn't fail Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris failed the blackbelt test.

huh???? :?