• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bathroom Exhaust

Uncle Bob said:
... and the Building Official is the "Approving Authority"; not UL.... Approved. Acceptable to the Building Official....
Yes Uncle Bob, we know the all powerful, Building Official. Absolute Power leads to corruption, oh wait, that is on the other thread......

Your still my hero UB. It is amazing what some of the fireplace manufacturer's will allow and even recommend for combustion air. I enjoy your pictures. What were you doing on site on a Sunday though? Please refer to thread on code addiction for help if needed.

I'm not sure on everyone’s final decision on the matter of the white fex duct, but we make the installer show a listing as a class "0" or class "1" duct per M1601.1. or flame spread index rating. The result has always been the duct has no listing and is replaced. From personal experience, the old white duct seems to be very brittle and is breaking down when exposed on remodel jobs.

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to more of your participation in the forums.

You may want to provide information about yourself so we will know who and where we are exchanging information with. By your title and your post it appears you are an inspector. What neck of the woods are you in?

Glad to have you on board.

Post or ask away....we are all family here!

Last edited by a moderator: