• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

BIG Changes to ICC CEU Requirements

Thanks for the feedback. 20 hours of training a year isn't terrible. Probably a good thing to keep us on our A game. Just wish they would have sent out an email or something to let everyone know. I don't like surprises. :nevreness:

NYS still (as I type...) has a unique State mandated training and certification program. We DO recognize and give (in-service) credit for several (but not all) ICC Certs.

Our annual requirement is 24 hours of in-service training, half of which must 'approved' by our agency. I've never taken an ICC program personally, though co-workers have. I did review a couple of 1, 2, 3 hours programs offered by ICC for in-service/CEU credit as they were seeking to have them approved for NYS Code Officials. For the particular programs I reviewed, I was Unimpressed.

As always, its about the "bucks". Attend your annual conferences, they are deductible, allow for networking and get you away from the office. Most bang for the buck.
Annual CALBO week is a good option.