• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Block & Mortar foundation wall cure time

Mac

Gold Member
I have an upcoming modular home placement and need to know - How long after completion of the foundation can the home be placed? We will have winter conditions during the build & cure time.

go to ibc 2006 2104.3 for cold weather construction (refers you to aci OR the following.....) is it reinforced and core filled masonry , if so, will grout be tested and sampled. if so, once made and tested and see what the strength at 7 days is, it should be good if they follow the precautions

+ +

Check with a local concrete mix supplier for input.....Maybe they have

an engineer on staff that can advise you......They may recommend that

additives or other be added to the design of the mortar mix which

will speed up the curing time......Are you using Section AE502, from

the IRC?

+ +

Yes, using AE 502 with a complete crawl space foundation design including insulation, footings, anchorage etcetc.

IBC 2104.3 has much of what I'm looking for, except an actual time period.

My concern is that the homeowner wants a brisk pace and will want the home set on the foundation as quickly as possible.