• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bonding bushing

ICE said:
Is there a reason that you use insulated as opposed to a bare conductor?
Had it at the shop in the recycled wire rack.

Why are there two GEC?
One comes from a 600A MDP and the other is a jumper to 2nd rod.

Is that schedule 80 conduit?

What is the green bonding jumper for?
Goes to phone board.

And I see an armored cable, what's that for?
Temp for construction.

Dennis said:
I assume you guys have to use copper because of the salt down there?
Two 10'×¾" Cu rods is pretty much a boiler-plate spec on commercial jobs around here.

PVC wasn't allowed outdoors there because of the sun. I installed a temp. pole with a pvc riser and I had to change it to galvinized.
No PVC outdoors??? Tell me that a local amendment.

chris kennedy said:
No PVC outdoors??? Tell me that a local amendment.
Well it was 25 years ago for the temp. pole so I assume that it was for anything. They said the sun at the beach was so intense the pvc would not last. This was in Pawley's Island, SC. The house I did was beachfront so not sure if that had anything to do with it. It was the Power company that made me change it.

It is amazing how long I installed green tape on the insulated GEC wire not knowing it is not required. My guys still tape it for some reason. Old habits