• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Building Officials Group

RJJ

Co-Founder
To all members of our BB I would like to introduce you to a new link for a Building officials Association.

www.iabohome.org

This idea has been gaining support for the last several years and the time has come for the start. Please visit the site and lets have some discussion on it. I was just recently told I could post this on the best code site on the net.

My first thought is that they need a link to this site.

My 2nd thought is that the domain name is not all that great or easy to remember.

Looks like there is a big hill to climb with this one and I hope it progresses at a steady pace.

Why do we need another forum. You do realize copies of copies of copies get pretty light.

Closely aligned with disaster management, , , not a bad theme. Where for art tho group right now? How many members? 1 ?

To All: My intention was to bring this new group to light and to allow members here to be aware of this organizations start up. I plan to invite the group behind this to come on the BB and post as well. First, I was not present in Charlotte last year when a group of about 31 code officials got together to launch this idea. However, I was aware that is was in the beginning stages to take formation. From a distance I have talked about this concept for several years and do to Internet others have decided to step forward to allow this association to begin to take form.

Rshuey at the present time the site is one page. The intention of this organization is to first reach out to all ICC Chapters and then to others. Of course money, free time and energy all need to fall in place to make it work. From my vantage point the idea is sound. It is new! The ink is just about dry on the formation documents. Is the website up and functioning as well as ours NO, but with time it will come. You all must remember that the concept of this BB was dreamed up at 6:00pm one evening between two guys. Me sitting in a parking lot and Jeff on his way home. Will they be competition for us? No! I believe they will bring more codes officials to our forum.

What I hope they organization will do is place a presence of informed code officials on the floor of ICC business meeting and to bring back a balance to the process. In addition they plan to offer other things and they will unfold in the near future.

There are quite a number of people and I don't have all the names at my fingertips. I can provide later a small group that are the start up committee. Keep in mind this is just the start.

It seems like I remember something similar from many years ago. I think it was called the International Conference of Building Officials, or something like that.

What is the prupose of the group? take on ICC? Have ICC create a new certification as a BCG?

A place to exchange ideas? We have that here.

An organization that members can meet? We could do that already.

A new line for our resume'?

I'm just curious I guess.