• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bundle up its cold

Alias said:
Heikinpäivä festival was last Saturday. There were also 40 +/- folks who decided to take a dip in the Portage Canal. My friend and I watched from the warm dining room of the Ramada Inn. :grin:Sue
Got soft living in CA

mark handler said:
Got soft living in CA
You betcha! There were snowmobiles traversing the Portage Canal too. It seems that at least a few go through the ice on the canal every year. I swear, too many people swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.........:wstupid

Sue

Alias said:
You betcha! There were snowmobiles traversing the Portage Canal too. It seems that at least a few go through the ice on the canal every year. I swear, too many people swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.........:wstupid Sue
Maybe the gene pool will get smaller...they can blame it on cold water.... everything gets smaller in cold water

Okay, here is Lake Superior at Eagle River, Keweenaw Peninsula, MI on Tuesday, 02-04-14. I as up there for a job interview for building inspector.

View attachment 998

View attachment 998

/monthly_2014_02/572953d182f0a_LakeSuperior02-04-14b.jpg.8ad5fd756ed185ccc83775b52ffec861.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cda said:
Hear the Great Lakes are the most frozen they have been in awhile
Okay, here is Lake Superior at Eagle River, Keweenaw Peninsula, MI on Tuesday, 02-04-14. I was up there for a job interview for building inspector.View attachment 1000

View attachment 1001

Same beach in October.View attachment 2267Sorry for the duplicate posts, pictures aren't inserting inline in order. First two had broken links and pictures didn't open.SueView attachment 1000

View attachment 1001

/monthly_2014_02/572953d18effe_LakeSuperior02-04-14a.jpg.1a91c12c660f2f623b82f4e7c57b5c6b.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/572953d19153f_LakeSuperior02-04-14b.jpg.aadf329b2eb976712a198e4293c17a71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alias said:
Okay, here is Lake Superior at Eagle River, Keweenaw Peninsula, MI on Tuesday, 02-04-14. I was up there for a job interview for building inspector.View attachment 2268

View attachment 2269

Same beach in October.

View attachment 2267

Sorry for the duplicate posts, pictures aren't inserting inline in order. First two had broken links and pictures didn't open.

Sue
Do they have marked or unmarked snowmobiles for inspections

% - - - - %

cda,

Just 7 more replies and you will become our 1st Forum [ regular ]

with 6,000 postings........Just 7 more... :cool:

% - - - - %

So I got my truck stuck on ice/snow today and had to pulled out by the builder. I was hoping to pocket the favor I did for him last week for a much longer time.

north star said:
~ ~ ~ ! ~ ~ ~

How did the interview go for you Ms. Sue ?

~ ~ ~ ! ~ ~ ~
north star,

Keweenaw interview went well. Unfortunately, it is a very part part-time job. $50 + mileage per inspection, $200 per permit. They issued 34 permits last year. I'll take it if offered but will need another job to support myself.

I also did a phone interview for the Code Enforcement position in the City of Bay City, MI. This one went very well I think. I am waiting to find out if I will have a face to face interview. I have to thank mmmarvel for this lead and his posting of all the job openings in the employment section!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed........

Sue

Alias said:
north star,Keweenaw interview went well. Unfortunately, it is a very part part-time job. $50 + mileage per inspection, $200 per permit. They issued 34 permits last year.

Sue
A $200 limit means no more than four inspections.....how often does that happen?

Alias said:
north star,Keweenaw interview went well. Unfortunately, it is a very part part-time job. $50 + mileage per inspection, $200 per permit. They issued 34 permits last year. I'll take it if offered but will need another job to support myself.

I also did a phone interview for the Code Enforcement position in the City of Bay City, MI. This one went very well I think. I am waiting to find out if I will have a face to face interview. I have to thank mmmarvel for this lead and his posting of all the job openings in the employment section!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed........

Sue
Here's wishing you the very best! :cowboy:cheers

mark handler said:
Darn 54 degrees as a low today

83 degrees as a high

rough life.....
I'll be glad when this heat wave is over and we get back to 72°

Snow again last night. Have to haul my horse to the vet this morning. I hate pulling a trailer on snow covered roads!