• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Busted by the Cops

I had it up to 80 but it was winding out hard at that. Once I hit 55, you know it so I stay off the interstates. I am always on side roads and main roads with a 45mph speed limit. I did not get the right motorcycle. Too light and slow. lesson learned.
They don't let you test drive a lot of bikes....Depending on what you really want, 600cc's is plenty fast but might also be light..I am still a "sport touring" guy...Not quite ready for a couch...2013 Yamaha FJR. It's really a little big and heavy for me, but it is nice and pretty comfy.

I had it up to 80 but it was winding out hard at that. Once I hit 55, you know it so I stay off the interstates. I am always on side roads and main roads with a 45mph speed limit. I did not get the right motorcycle. Too light and slow. lesson learned.
I have friends and relatives that ride. Mostly Harleys. They ride now and then and wouldn't push the odds with a daily commute.

In my youth I had a Triumph. It was a 7 something. I got it up to where your vision leaves and hit a big fat bug in the middle of my forehead. I just knew that I was split open like a rotten cantaloupe.

I had some strange experiences on that bike. One involved me flying through a back yard, skirting an empty pool on the coping stone. I went through two tall hedges....it was a corner lot. That one tore me up some. The good Lord saved me and made sure that the Colorado Springs police dept took it from me.

It was kinda like a helicopter in that you had to work on it as much as you rode it. Any mechanical thing made in the United Kingdom is like that.

Last edited: