• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Can you say cluster f&^%?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Scheduled for a rough wire inspection today.

I am now frazzled......................................This was the tip of the iceberg. YOu should see the framing......................aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048-1.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

You said it was "rough"

At least it is a green job and they are using CFL's in the light fixture.

Last edited by a moderator:
& & & &

Aaaaaaah yes Jeff!.....That's some more of that quality construction we're used to

seeing from your area. :D

& & & &

Looks like every other spaghetti factory I have seen....what's the problem??? At least they used the Wye's laying down instead of Tee's. I usually see that mistake the other way around...I would even know where to start explaining or citing...

Hey, at least they used purple primer. Perhaps you should check to see if they used glue?

I gotta ask what that s-trap in the second photo attached to the left side of the double wye is doing...

Hopefully you're just doing the 3rd party electric on this one?

TimNY said:
Hey, at least they used purple primer. Perhaps you should check to see if they used glue?I gotta ask what that s-trap in the second photo attached to the left side of the double wye is doing...

Hopefully you're just doing the 3rd party electric on this one?
That S trap my friend is for the 2nd floor bathroom above. What's wrong with you? Don't you know basic plumbing? ;)

No, I have the whole ball of wax from beginning to end. NICE!!

Oh and he forgot to wire the smokes and CO in.

I told him to hire professionals.

TimNY said:
I gotta ask what that s-trap in the second photo attached to the left side of the double wye is doing...
You asked for photos, didn't you...

LOL. That should make the wall of shame. Make sure to get the framing pics for us PLEASE. I am still laughing.

Corrections required.

#1. Excessive defects. Recommend hiring a professional.

Jeff, you and all the other pointy-headed intellectual bureacratic types have no respect for individual effort and creativity.

I'm beginning to think that PA outranks GA as the epicenter of hillbilly and bubba building tech.

They have an 11" Roseburg Ridglam 2.0E (2) supporting 2 floors with a 14' span between posts on a simple span. Building is 25' wide.

Do the math.

Also, on the gable end they cut out the wall to open up into the back porch. Problem is that the back porch has a shed style roof so now nothing is holding up the house side of the roof.

You should just see this place. Quite a mess. Pics are the tip of the iceberg.

jar,

Is'nt that existing non conforming work? Better call Homy on Homes to do it right!

At least they used purple primer, that's code compliant! You should look at the positives!

pc1

Just got a phone call today that the permit holder has the spec sheets for the the LVLs in question. Can't wait to see what loads it actually shows. This one is not even close.

Another reason to love my BeamChek TM

Jar,

What kind of reaction did you get from homeowner/contractor? Are they receptive to cleaning up this mess? Or are they giving you a hard time? This is always the way we do it?

docgj