• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades

CBO certificate

rktect 1

Gold Member
Just took and passed the BC module. I took this one first because I was most familiar with all of these code books. Now I don't know which module to take next as I have not read these other books. Which one is the easiest of the remaining two exams?

fatboy

Administrator
Way back in the 97 UBC days, I hauled in about eight books to take the legal/management. The testing center gave me two workstations for my references.

rktect 1

Gold Member
Congrats!

Any pointers for those 3 exams to share?

How many books did you take into the exam room for each?
I took like 7 books for the building module, 5 for management module and 4 for legal module.

tip #1. You should actually have the book “budgeting guide” BEFORE you take the exam. Probably helpful if you read it too.

EricB

After passing Building Codes and standards.. i feel energized to take Management.. are the two similar or completely different?

rktect 1

Gold Member
After passing Building Codes and standards.. i feel energized to take Management.. are the two similar or completely different?
For me they are very different because the books for the management and legal module are not what I am used to. Code books are put together very rigidly. Boo books, not so much.