• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO - Legal Module

Rcsantelli

I am currently in the process of completing my CBO certification. I have passed the 2018 Building Codes and Standards module and have moved to the 2018 Legal Module. I am coming to this board for any recommendations for studying material or test taking methods for this module. I have completed the ICC "Study Guide", and purchased the building codes masters practice exam however I don't feel like it is very thorough enough to help me find the information accurately. reading some older posts, makes me think this is probably my best start for help. All responses will be greatly appreciated, thank you

I think that if you passed the codes module you're going to find the other two to be pretty easy. Make sure you have all of the books they list and tab the chapters. A lot of the questions tell you what book to look in. "According to legal aspects of code administration..." The only other piece of advice I think you need is that using the definitions (glossary), index, and/or table of contents for any given book will be key. Either the key phrase in the questions, or the answers themselves are likely to be in one or the other. There were many questions where I just went straight to the index and found that only one given answer was there. Go to that page and sure enough it's obviously the right answer.

Oh, I guess I'll add, don't over study.

I think that if you passed the codes module you're going to find the other two to be pretty easy. Make sure you have all of the books they list and tab the chapters. A lot of the questions tell you what book to look in. "According to legal aspects of code administration..." The only other piece of advice I think you need is that using the definitions (glossary), index, and/or table of contents for any given book will be key. Either the key phrase in the questions, or the answers themselves are likely to be in one or the other. There were many questions where I just went straight to the index and found that only one given answer was there. Go to that page and sure enough it's obviously the right answer.

Oh, I guess I'll add, don't over study.
thank you Joe!