• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Chicago.. who would have thought?

peach

what fault is close to Chicago? New Madrid?

May want to re-evaluate the seismic maps.

Re: Chicago.. who would have thought?

I didn't feel it today, Jake... the snow is insulating us from the shock.

I'm sick of the snow.. I'm sick of the local plow truck drivers.. I'm sick of the local drivers..

*whew* I feel much better now... just a touch of Cabin Fever, I fear... I'll be better come July or so...

Sick of the snow?

I went to the Hawks game last night. Won 4-3 after 5 minute OT and sudden death shoot out. Took me 2 hours to get there in heavy snowfall. Narry a snow plow to be seen. Roads were atrocious. Left after a great game at 10:15 with heavy snowfall and 20,000 other fans. Narry a snow plow to be seen. Got onto the 290 and couldn't see the road, not cuz of the snow falling but they hadn't plowed the road/highway. Crept to the house and got home around midnight.

Actually I think the snow and drive made the experience even better. :D

Actually drove to DC yesterday... lots of roads not touched.. the highway had BIG icy bumps... did my inspections, went back home and worked from there.. not even tempted today..

I think the Caps play today... up in Canada. .with much better weather, I am sure..

I'll never complain about the heat again... I'll never complain about the heat again.. I'll never complain about the heat again... the locals are calling this bought.. the Cluster Flake...

I agree..

peach said:
what fault is close to Chicago? New Madrid?May want to re-evaluate the seismic maps.
Definitely not New Madrid, that's down by Cairo, Ill. This one hit right near where I grew up. Who woulda thunk it? :roll:

Sue, no snow on the frontier.... :evil:

peach said:
My point was.. is there a new fault?
Gotta be, I don't remember earthquakes when I was a kid. Tornadoes and snow storms, yes.

USGS has maps showing fault lines, just can't find it right now. These might just be for CA & NV also as we have a tendency to shake, rattle, and roll. :D Alquist-Priolo maps if I'm not mistaken.

Sue, waiting for snow.........

those darn plate techtonics...

where ARE their manner?

*sheesh*

Alias said:
peach said:
what fault is close to Chicago? New Madrid?May want to re-evaluate the seismic maps.
Definitely not New Madrid, that's down by Cairo, Ill. This one hit right near where I grew up. Who woulda thunk it? :roll:

Sue, no snow on the frontier.... :evil:

who's fault is it anyway?