• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Christmas grinch

fatboy said:
Yeah, I've seen the video's, but even better, fired one up myself. Pretty wild how quick they go, and the heat that is generated.....wow.
I was out to two tree fires last year. Pretty scary what it did to both homes. Both rentals, tenants had to move out of both. One was electrical, one was an 'oopsy'. Four year old pulled a lit stick out of the woodstove and turned around into the tree. Moral of story - woodstoves, prechoolers, and 'live' dead trees don't mix. Let's hope no one gets incinerated this holiday. Stay safe my friends.

Sue, on the frontier

Once you see a tree go up in flames in person it will convert you to a grinch.

The Ex always had to have a real tree. One year I draggged it out to to the middle of the front lawn.

All the while thinking how bad could it be. lol

We lived a half mile east of Nowhere and there was a foot of snow on the ground.

Figured it would be safe to try this.

Walked up to the tree and tossed a lit match on it, took about 3 steps back and the tree was "Gone"

That was the last real tree I ever had.

Merry Christmas, everybody