• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Code enforcement

I especially like the spacing for the guardrail. I want to share it

steveray said:
We had a case in CT...North Haven I believe.....illegal 3rd floor apt conversion, no permits, no inspections, fire, fatality, Town got beat for millions because they knew about it and did nothing.... (assessor taxed them on 3 units....)If you know about it you CAN NOT ignore it....or maybe YOU can....
If you can identify that case for me I would be very interested in googling/reading the transcript, , , wondering how the Court determined that paperwork in the assessors office would/should be so directly identified by building department personnel.

I can't put my hands on it right now, but the woman from the AG's office gave us the case #.....I think the name was something like Ford vs North Haven......I believe they just treated the Town like a single entity, and said the Town knew....I will look for it and put up what I can....