• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Code Expert

Hyrax4978

Looking for a reference for a "code expert" for work in the new England area. Preferable someone or a group that can cover Mass and NH. most of the work will be in NH but small amounts will filter out into other states. Can anyone recommend anyone specific or a firm for this service. This is for an on call service outside of the typical architectural or engineering services.

Thank you,

I don't really want to "recommend" Code Red out of Mass. but they are the only ones that come to mind...What exactly are you looking for? They are all ICode based so not that much of a stretch....

I had one but I see his linked in profile says "Headed into retirement, not taking on new work. Involved completing current projects." Me too, just one many times delayed project to finish. I think that's true of the other one I know.

X in algebraic terms stands for the unknown. A spurt comes from a leak in a hose that has pressure applied. Therefore an expert is an unknown drip under pressure. I wish you well.

Currently right now we are looking for more of an on call type scenario. while I would expect most of the task to be plan review, I can't completely discount the potential for an on site visit. There is no specific project, no specific issue, but as part of an overall encompassing 3 year master service agreement with the client, it has been flagged that there will be the requirement to have a potential code expert as part of the team, for when the appropriate situation arises.