• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

code requirements for outdoor stage

ccollings

I am working on an open air outdoor stage. I'm trying to determine what the applicable codes are.
the structure will consist of a raised stage, platform, backwall & roof. there will be no fixed seating, just a grass lawn. there will be sidewalks on either side with stairs and a ramp to stage level. there will be a concrete pad for wheelchair viewing.

Sounds like you have it covered

Handicap access to stage?

Not sure where this is sitting, but fire Dept may want access/ road/ other.

How many sq ft???

the stage is approx. 3000 sqft. there is stairs on either end of the stage and a ramp to get to the stage level. I honestly haven't seen a site plan to see what kind of fire access there is. this is on a school site on the opposite side of the school parking lot.
there currently aren't plans to provide any restrooms. there are restrooms in the school that will be available, but i'm not sure what the distance is between the stage and the school.

Not into guardrails and stages are different

But how far off the ground is the floor of the stage?

& & = & &

ccollings, ...is the stage area the only thing you are
working on, or the whole site [ i.e. - Concessions
bldgs., ...some type of Accessibly compliant restrooms
are recommended, ...if no permanent restrooms onsite,
is there an area for Port-A-Johns for events, ...site
drainage, ...energy code compliant lighting, ...portable
fire extinguishers, ...electrical power requirements,
...sources for drinking water, and on and on and on ] ?

& & = & &

the stage will be permanent.
other than accessibility, i want to find out if there are any other code requirements for fixtures, drinking fountains, fire protection, etc. are there requirements for fixtures or a maximum distance to fixtures?