• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Commercial BBQ Smoker

cda

Sawhorse 123
New install

So Commercial rated BBQ pellet smoke, electric

Under a Class I hood already

GC has run a vent pipe from the oven connection to before the filters.

Legal,, or not legal???/

Hello there. A new restaurant/bar is in the works. I'm going to do a lot of smoking. Mostly for pulled pork, beef, and chicken, but also briskets, ribs, brats, and baloney chub, among other things. I've spent my entire life pouring embers into bug cinder block pits. Unfortunately, I am unable to have an open fire at this place. As a result, I'm aiming to modernize my smoking habits. Some that I've seen are the J&R and Myron Mixon smokes. Is the high price justified, or are you just paying for the name when there are others that are essentially the same item with a different name? Suggestions and personal experiences are highly valued.

I heard about a restaurant that got around the "no open fire" rules in their spot by using an old electric cook-top, cast iron pans, and wood chips to create their smoke. Apparently worked great, easy to control the temp and such.