• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Commercial Kitchen in attached garage

Hi All

If this group is still active, please let me know what i need to do to establish a commercial kitchen in my attached garage. Any pointer would be appreciated.

You need to see what your zoning allows in the residential area; you may also run into issues if the zoning requires a certain amount of covered parking (ie. your garage) and you're converting it without providing other covered spaces it may be a no-go as well. Your local health department will also have a big say in things, and you will likely need a grease interceptor as well. Find a good design professional with kitchen experience to help you out as well.