• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Committee Appointments to Exam Development Committees?

jpranch

Platinum Member
Seems like the emails are out for appointments to various ICC exam development committees. Just wondering who here on this forum might have been selected? Here's hoping!!! By the way the ICC Board dose not have any say in the appointments. The Board for International Professional Standards dose all of this.

I didn't throw in for one and haven't heard of anyone being appointed in the CO Chapter.............

RJJ said:
I would but haven't been selected in the past! So not worth the effort.
I feel the same way about PABCO. I did serve on 2 different committees for another national organization and it was fun,.......at first.

I don't mind being passed over and these things can prove to be fun while increasing one's knowledge. The main reason I don't want to enter that game is that to do the job properly it takes a great deal of focus and time and my plate is full so to speak with what I am doing. That being said, I do have major concerns about ICC and where they are headed. It has improved since the Twin City hearings yet the economy and the game has changed. Many of what I have observed is falling short of the mark. Jim has been a plus and I fully support him and ICC as long as body moves forward. We will have quite a mess if ICC does not continue in its present role! ??? So in that light I may apply to do something.