• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Complaints with new site!

I think Jeff maybe considers me persona non gratis..

nothing works..

so I get a new password every time..

and I will later, since the doggies need to be walked, so I'm leaving for now..

CU

Clear your cookies an use something other than Internet Explorer. I posted directions, sent emails, provided threads.

If anyone is having trouble at this point logging on then you are doing something wrong or not listening to the directions given. As far as usability, this site is now 100%. There is nothing more that we can do for anyone having log in problems.

Clear your cookies, clear your cookies

Use Firefox instead of the crappy Internet Explorer, its free.

Clear your cookies, use Firefox and call me in the morning.

Peach: The beauty salons up here seem to all have free wireless access, That's why I am parked outside! Not mush they could do for an old dog like me. If you can't reach Jeff, call me after lunch. I will see if I can walk you through it. He is correct Internet Explorer stinks.

View attachment 104

This up-date is too cool. Great features and not bad at all in finding your way around. Thanks Jeff! Just checking the up-load feature. Mr yuk was the first file I came across.View attachment 104

/monthly_2010_04/yukgreybkg..jpg.0d3ebe36d582027341b4cb066df80de1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bit of trouble at the office, but managed to get on (that's with Internet Explorer 7). Home was a different story (I E 8). I had to request a new password (selected the 'lost password' button), and have been using it all weekend. And YES, after accepting my log in I do get a message on the screen that looks like I'm not logged in, but when I select 'What's New', it opens with my name at the top of the screen... small glitches that don't matter once you accept them as part of the adventure...

Up grade to E8. Fire fox is better. I am think of changing to it my self. I have had a lot of issue with E7 &E8. Also, look for updates and patches they have made a number of corrections. I seem to have trouble with emails from AOL users!

I have had no issues with 4 different computers. One on Verizon, two on comcast and my laptop on a variety of wireless connections.

Why can I not reproduce the problems that some of you are describing?

So far I have logged on multiple times on several computers without any issues whatsoever:

1) My PC @ home

2) My Mac @ home

3) My Laptop @ office

4) My Secretary's Laptop @ office

5 & 6) PC @ 2 different municipalities

7) My Better Half's Mac @ home

8) My Better Half's Laptop @ home

If you are inactive for 15 minutes then you will be automatically logged off

For the 3rd time, I this is Jeff logging in under Peach's account without any problems or issued logging in or posting. I do not understand why there is an issue here when I can log in each and every time, log out and back in again under this account without any problems yet it does not work for her. Testing 1,2 3 for the 3rd time. Thanks, Jeff (crabby and hungry)

When I enter the site; the log-in boxes are on the home page. I just click on "What's New" and "Welcome, Uncle Bob" shows up; and I'm in.

If it's the Browser, I don't care. I'm in and I'm happy; but, I'm not changing the Browser that comes with every computer I've ever purchased or used.

I don't even mind using the "go advanced" to get what I want.

The old man is easy. :cool:

Uncle Bob

Just so all know, after some initial problems Jeff logged me in, I then changed my password and saved the site in a tab in Firefox, I have never logged out, I click on the tab and am in 24 hours per day, seven days a week, just like on about 70 other tabs, even when my computer is shut off I remain logged in.

No problems at home it is Windows 2000 with whatever browser it came with. Logged on 1st try. Now like UB I just click on Forum and I am in. I do not use the user name or log in boxes

Who was the 500th member to sign in? JPRANCH owes them a home cook steak dinner. I believe that was ELK steaks.

I miss seeing who signed today.

sorry to make you crabby and hungry, Jeff... something got fixed (and it wasn't me using a different browser)... but I'm back and happy.. I owe you lunch. Thanks

500th Member

MT,

From Mule on another thread:

The best i can tell # 500 was Rio with 1 post.03-31-2010 23:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Date Mar 2010

Posts 1

Regardless of the code, think of the potential consequences if some fat rump got stuck in a smaller retrofitted window; can you say LAWSUIT? For that reason alone I'd never allow a replacement window smaller than the current code, the same for height off the finished floor to sill.

I think this has been asked before. I opened up new post and there was about 15 I read one and accidently clicked my back button twice and then there was 2. How can I look up post from the last 24 hours whether i read them or not?

The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.

Will this solve my problem? If so please allow this option

mtlogcabin said:
I think this has been asked before. I opened up new post and there was about 15 I read one and accidently clicked my back button twice and then there was 2. How can I look up post from the last 24 hours whether i read them or not?The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.

Will this solve my problem? If so please allow this option
Email me how to do this and walk me through it.