• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Conflict Between Building Inspection and Hired structural Engineer

The building official would be the next logical step, rather than pulling out the 2x4

taylor87,

If you decide to go see the Building Official, you might want to take a witness or legal counsel with you,

just as a showing of support and the seriousness of the matter.

globe trekker said:
taylor87,If you decide to go see the Building Official, you might want to take a witness or legal counsel with you,

just as a showing of support and the seriousness of the matter.
I agree with globe trekker, take a someone with you. I've done this before. No harm, no foul, and possibly better cooperation and straight answers.

Sue

I wonder if maybe the problem is that the original plan collected and controlled where the groundwater went whereas the revised plan just pushes it away from the building. If runoff is already a problem in the area this could be part of the BI's concern and probably rightfully so.

We can speculate as to the building official's reasons. That is not the issue. The issue is that the building official appears to have not stated his reason. Once the reason is known then the Owner can decide how to respond.

I think everyone is forgetting the Construction Board of Appeal or is that only a requirement in Michigan?