• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Copyright Approval from the ICC

Michigan requires all licensed residential builders to own a copy of the current Michigan Residential Code. A license is required for anything (residential) costing $600.00 or more .

Jar - Did you use your real name or give them an alias? I bet the whole issue lies with a competing forum.

UPDATE 2:

Just called again and spoke with Mark Johnson. It appears as though my email was put into his spam folder and he deleted it both times. We just spent about 20 minutes on the phone discussing various other issues and I am promised that he will get back to me in 2-3 days so I expect an email or phone call by Monday. It is then that we will see what the cost is for one class on framing that does not cover wall bracing since wall bracing is a class by itself.

Not one of those top of head answers??

Guess the question does not come up alot??

Does ICC have management issues? Mark Johnson is one of the senior people at ICC. It would seem that there should be a policy with the day to day implementation being delegated to another individual.

Copyright Approval from the ICC

I got an email asking me for more information. More detailed info than what they originally asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE!!

I cannot believe this but I just got the copyright approval letter with stipulations and the cost is $0. That's right, ZERO.

I have to change my PPT presentation a little bit for compliance and when I am done with that I have a CEU approval application already in with the ICC and I can submit the rest of the documentation when I make the changes. (not sure that sentence was correct or if it was too long) Anyway, good news on many fronts. If I can get approval for CEU's I will be working on a program for this site. One thing at a time.

As I noted this is consistent with past practices. The price is 0.0 because you comply with the fair use provisions, you are not making a profit and are not reducing the number of code books sold, the courts would likely not support their claim of a copyright, and you are a member of ICC.