• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Countertop outlets.

It's a mess. Rats made a rat condo under the counter. The trim guys put nails into the abs vent, and the hot water line there under the sink. So my helper does exactly what I told him; police all the nails. When he pulled that one, we got water. 4 tenant condo. Common water heater, buried in a laundry room. Had to wait 3 hours while the scalding water squirted under the slab, then blow out water for 4 units, then replace the pipe section, rope the electrical. Then rock. Has to be done and painted today.

I'll post more hilarity later.

Brent

MASSDRIVER said:
as an inspectigator that beat me like a rented mule, but I highly respected once said "level of difficulty is not my problem."He was a dick.
I can be a Ricardo Cabeza like that too.

I like to say "If it was easy anybody could do it, doesn't that make you feel special?"

mjesse said:
I can be a Ricardo Cabeza like that too.I like to say "If it was easy anybody could do it, doesn't that make you feel special?"
No. Really. He was a dick. Name was Richard Leaker. No shlt. You can't make that up.

He was pretty awesome, but brooked no shlt. Loved him.

I'll post some stories tonight if I get a chance.

I've been confused with a Richard Head....way too often for it to be a coincidence.

ICE said:
I've been confused with a Richard Head....way too often for it to be a coincidence.
Check your birth certificate.

Remember, Bill Cosby thought he was Jesus Christ until he was a teenager.

Brent

= + = + =

In the recent pics., it appears as though some compliant type

nail guards are also needed to be installed [ i.e. - over the ABS

piping, and over the conductors that are too close to outside

edge of the framing. ].

+ = + = +

north star said:
= + = + =In the recent pics., it appears as though some compliant type

nail guards are also needed to be installed [ i.e. - over the ABS

piping, and over the conductors that are too close to outside

edge of the framing. ].

+ = + = +
I don't hate myself enough to not do that. They are present. :)

Pcinspector1 said:
Brent, Where's the margarita machine outlet? pc1
We put those things in after final, I recently had a customer show up with a fancy $2,500 Italian espresso machine, I told the owner that the inspector was a good guy and would probably walk right by it, but so we don't get him in trouble I'll drill the limestone backsplash and install it after final.