• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Crap!!!

Uncle Bob

What the hell happened? Everything is turned upside down.

For crying out LOUD; IF IT AIN'T BROKE BE DAM SURE AND FIX IT!

Let's make this site so convoluted nobody can find anything; and new threads even harder to find than they are now!

If you don't like this post then ban me! If this post is deleted; I will consider myself banned!

CRAP!

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 2 buttons for your convenience that will help you.

Top left below the "Home" tab is one that says "New Posts". You can try that.

Top left and 3 tabs down from the "Home" button is a button that says "What's new?". You can try that too.

UB, chill. Not sure what has your boxers in a bind, but.......

I seldom even look at the front page, click on forum, click on new posts.....simple.

Deep breaths, brew some tea........

I recognized the changes today........ I like the new look and Uncle, you'll get use too it.................................. just think of it like doing puzzles to keep your mind sharp :)

The order of the forums and categories are all in a better order. Residential and commercial areas are similar in the order of appearance. The rest below is in alphabetical order

RJJ,

" LOL! UB now that is funny! "

I must be losing my edge; it wasn't suppose to be funny.

Ya'll be good to yourselves.

bye,

Uncle Bob

Seemed like the right place to post this request . . . . sometimes (ok, , many times. . ) I can't rememebr what thread I placed a reply in ('cause sometimes we go off-topic!), , would it be possible to have a "my last 10 posts" button up by the the other sane saving buttons ("today's posts" and "new posts")?

One way is to click on your name and "view forum posts".

Last edited by a moderator:
fatboy said:
Hope that's not a permanent "bye"...........:confused:
Agree with fatboy. "not a permanent bye". UB if not here then where? Yes the site is changing but I have seen some really good changes. Especially in navigation. This site is easy to navigate. You want to see a cluster just go to www.iccsafe.org. Or perhaps don't?

I’m fairly new here, but I was beginning to think, I thought, that Uncle Bob was a pretty darn good participant on this forum. I hope he’s not gone for long or for good, and that he gets his shorts de-bunched soon. But, I feel his pain a little bit too, because while I’m not at all new at engineering, codes, construction and building, I am kinda new at this forum thing and don’t always know what to do next when things don’t come up looking right or the way I have become accustomed to seeing them. And, the frustration builds quickly when the next place I click makes it look even less familiar. What I need is more confusion, so I can participate with more difficulty, is what I usually think at first, because the hurrier I go, the behinder I git.

Well...... I’m going to add fuel to his fire....., with all else which must have been going wrong when he singed in, give the title of his post, he should have posted in the plumbing forum, not in this forum. And then ya get down to post #14 and FM W Burns says he ‘can’t keep .. up any more,’ and I don’t even know what sub-forum covers those kinds of issues, but I don’t think that’s exactly plumbing, by our code’s definitions.

Jeff, would you please get all these issues straightened out, and quickly, before the whole codes and building inspections sector of the Country’s economy implodes? :) Jeff, I think you are doing a darn good job, and making a valiant effort to make the whole forum better, and ultimately work better too.

Yea, we do miss our Uncle when he goes on sabbatical. I do recall he did post after beginning this thread so I believe he is just getting use to all the bells and whistles and loading for bear.

Uncle Bob is from the old school.

He'll be back.

He loves us as much as we love him.

It's OK for Uncle Bob to vent.

We all need to vent now and then.

Another change just made to the forum 30 seconds ago. From the main forum page, you now have a drop down box for "My Posts" and "My Threads" Enjoy!

This forum is becoming so easy, even Uncle Bob can do it!

jar546 said:
Another change just made to the forum 30 seconds ago. From the main forum page, you now have a drop down box for "My Posts" and "My Threads" Enjoy!This forum is becoming so easy, even Uncle Bob can do it!
You are the best!

When I saw the title to this thread I thought is was about the PE who thought the septic system was ok. Crap.