• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Daddy-O- Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I am waiting on permission to update everyone with the specifics of Daddy-O- but I will tell you that his status has changed. As a result, we will be doing one final push for raising money just like we started 2 years ago. After this final push, I will be closing out his fundraising account and sending his family a check. On Monday I will go over the status of the account with the bank and my office manage and post an update to everyone. There is a sense of urgency to get this accomplished.

Here is the information you will need to donate to the Wilson & Family Relief Fund

http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/entry.php?b=64&bt=145

**Well, here is the official update.

Wilson, a/k/a Daddy-O- is very sick and the brain tumor has returned. It actually returned a while ago. After a valiant effort to stay working, he had to finally stop sometime around November. He put forth a great effort to give his young daughters a good Christmas and after that, his health has steadily and quickly declined. At this time his wife has taken medical leave from work to care for him and he has lost function on one side of his body. At this point they are looking at getting Hospice involved since all treatments have been stopped. We do not expect to see him sign on anymore as his focus is 100% with his wife and 2 young daughters.

This is what I am going to do and want everyone to please pay attention:

On February 16th I am going to close out the fund raising account with the bank, the Paypal account and send the family all of the funds that were received to date. In order to close this out, you will need to ensure that all donations are received by February 10th because we need those days for checks to clear (those that still use checks and snail mail) and for the final Paypal funds transfer which takes 3-4 business days.

Therefore I ask each and every one of you:

1) If you are sending a check via USPS, please make sure that we receive it by February 10th. (see link below for more information)

2) If you are using Paypal, please make your donation by February 10th so we have time to transfer it.

3) Donate and donate as quickly as possible, please do not waste any time.

If any of you have been through this you will understand the urgency and the great burden that this puts on the family emotionally and financially. This is the least that we can do. Normally I am doing my own fundraising for this website this time of year but I have decide to postpone it until after February 15th.

A huge thank you from each and everyone of you that has donated to Wilson's family fund. We may disagree and have fun at each other's expense but at the end of the day we are human and need to take care of each other.

I am proud to own this forum and more than proud of the members for making this forum possible and allowing it to grow to a point to where we can now raise thousands of dollars for one of our own in need.

Regretfully I have to share this new,

Jeff

Here is the link to the 2 ways you can donate: http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/...hp?b=64&bt=145

Until I hear back about providing specific information to everyone, here is where we are financially with the "Wilson & Family Relief Fund"

I started this in May of 2013 with a personal donation of $250 and started a bank account and Paypal. Since then this information has been on this website and on every single newsletter that has gone out.

As of December 31, 2014 our balance was $1,958.64

After I posted this we received Paypal donations and after Paypal took their cut, today we deposited $198.15 bringing our total funds up to $2,156.79

Please do what you can, no matter how little or how much you can afford. This has been a great financial change for this family, especially since the first of the year.

Again, there have been 2 ways to donate money to this fund. Information here: http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/entry.php?b=64&bt=145

If anyone wants to view the bank statements, feel free to contact my office manager Molly at 877-223-4462 and she will provide you with whatever you desire. I want to be as transparent as possible.

Until I know I can release more specific information, please, please, please do what you can. No amount is too small.

Thank you & Let's take care of the family of one of our own.

Jeff Remas

Well, here is the official update.

Wilson, a/k/a Daddy-O- is very sick and the brain tumor has returned. It actually returned a while ago. After a valiant effort to stay working, he had to finally stop sometime around November. He put forth a great effort to give his young daughters a good Christmas and after that, his health has steadily and quickly declined. At this time his wife has taken medical leave from work to care for him and he has lost function on one side of his body. At this point they are looking at getting Hospice involved since all treatments have been stopped. We do not expect to see him sign on anymore as his focus is 100% with his wife and 2 young daughters.

On February 16th I am going to close out the fund raising account with the bank, the Paypal account and send the family all of the funds that were received to date. In order to close this out, you will need to ensure that all donations are received by February 10th because we need those days for checks to clear (those that still use checks and snail mail) and for the final Paypal funds transfer which takes 3-4 business days.

1) If you are sending a check via USPS, please make sure that we receive it by February 10th. (see link below for more information)

2) If you are using Paypal, please make your donation by February 10th so we have time to transfer it.

If any of you have been through this you will understand the urgency and the great burden that this puts on the family emotionally and financially. This is the least that we can do. Normally I am doing my own fundraising for this website this time of year but I have decide to postpone it until after February 15th.

A huge thank you from each and everyone of you that has donated to Wilson's family fund. We may disagree and have fun at each other's expense but at the end of the day we are human and need to take care of each other.

I am proud to own this forum and more than proud of the members for making this forum possible and allowing it to grow to a point to where we can now raise thousands of dollars for one of our own in need.

Jeff

Here is the link to the 2 ways you can donate: http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/entry.php?b=64&bt=145

I would like to thank the 4 people that donated via paypal in the past 3 days that this has been posted with an update.

To keep things positive I appreciate that 1.6% of the people who read this donated via paypal.

Waiting for our Discover cycle to be over and move to February, around the 8th, then I am kicking in again. Come on folks, lets make the last big push!

jar546 said:
1.6% of the people who read this donated via paypal.
Well now that really is a sad commentary.

I like Daddy-O- People that know me would tell you that means something. I don't know Wilson other than the interaction I've had with him here but I got a sense of who he is. He always came across as a gentleman and a gentle man.

Apparently Wilson will be leaving us soon. We must recognize his contribution and treat his family better than we have. What the Hell....four of us is all that care enough to donate a few measly dollars.

I am not a softy. The number of true friends that I have is a single digit. I don't have a sentimental bone in my body. But I do like Wilson. I like that he is a levelheaded inspector. I like that he has done right by his family. I like that he grieves more for his girls losing their father than he does about losing his life.

So you cold-hearted pricks need to get off your *sses and send some money to the nice guy's family. Let them know that we think their father and husband is special.

Just in case calling you a cold-hearted prick doesn't do it.

Three months ago my my father was killed in an auto accident. I know what Wilson's family is headed for. It's awful and impossible to put into words. Any compassion from anywhere is important in ways that you won't know until you've been there. So please help.

I can guarantee that his family will not be focused on the money.....it is the number of people that contributed that will stick with them. Let's see to it that Jeff has a big number for them to remember.

I mean come on....1.6%... I could do better than that on a street corner wearing one of Brent's dresses. I think my wife has a murse that matches. Oh crap my lisp is coming back....thnee what you people have done.

I'm going to have to rethink hanging out with a stingy bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here is the official update.

Jeff

Here is the link to the 2 ways you can donate: http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/...hp?b=64&bt=145

We are now up to 27 new donations to PayPal.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

I am thrilled that everyone has stepped it up. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

According to website stats there are 6,463 members!

only 11 online as of 10:30am PST. with about 150 guests

How about emailing all of the members to let them know about Daddy-O

Status
Not open for further replies.