• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Dallas Code Hearings

I'll be there at least from afternoon the 28th, through 1st. Possibly till the end, don't know for sure yet, depends on chapter support.

Have to pay out of my own pocket, but will get reimbursed for most of it for being on a committee (MOE).

I'll be there from the 28th through the 6th, running between the two tracks!

Those going to the hearings should ask why the IBC has , and likely will in the future, adopted standards that were not published so there was no way for engineers and building officials to review and comment on the new standard. This is a major flaw in the ICC process and likely will come back to haunt ICC in the future.

In this current cycle there are a number of code changes being proposed assuming that next year a reference standard will be adopted. In some cases the reference standard is currently not finalized. But because of the way ICC has organized the adoption process it will not be possible next year to adopt code changes that deal with problems with the new standard.

mggrew Welcome to the board! Jump in and do some talking.