• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

David Smith first ever to get all 61 ICC Certifications!

steveray said:
I always wanted to write a sequel to Office Space that was from the construction side after the ending......now about those TPS reports...
We have a little two-line skit we do on heavy inspection Mondays. I reckon a good screenplay could be written, but most of our office quotes are from Office Space, Caddy Shack and Super Troopers. I have only made it to 8 "meows" when helping a contractor at the counter size deck footings. So I have that going for me.

pwood said:
someone has a bad case of certificate envy. way to go david!
You talking about me????? Not envious of him at all ..... I don't care either way. Good for him if he wants to take something that far but me envious of him.... Nope. Anybody can obtain those with enough time and money! I don't want it! I'm retiring soon.......

mtlogcabin said:
No you are not certified under the ICC for residential unless you take the exam.An ICC Building Inspector cert you have to pass both commercial and residential exams

A legacy exam is a Commercial Inspector cert

Passing an ICC residential will be a Residential Building Inspector Cert

I do have the ICC Building Inspector cert. As stated above... I'm retiring soon and see no need to get any more...... You guys can have my part of them..... :)

Greetings: I noticed that an article was posted about me; so I thought I best sign up with this forum, and thank everyone for their comments and encouragement. Doing what I did was much like a pole vaulter. ICC kept raising the bar with the certifications, and it was just a personal goal and challenge to get over it. I am definitely more aware of my strengths and weaknesses having done it. There is just one thing... after taking all the exams and answering all those questions, I cannot understand why my wife would say to me when she asks me a question... "Don't answer a question with a question." Ha! You all have a nice day. Best Regards, David Smith

Soooo how long you been snooping around without signing up? You sneaky little devil you!!! :)

Welcome aboard. However you done went and screwed up!!! You done been tagged as one who will have every answer! :)

Congrats to you and your wife... most dedicated code officials wives no more than a lot of contractors do!!!

Mule said:
Soooo how long you been snooping around without signing up? You sneaky little devil you!!! :) Welcome aboard. However you done went and screwed up!!! You done been tagged as one who will have every answer! :)

Congrats to you and your wife... most dedicated code officials wives no more than a lot of contractors do!!!
If you check, this is my second post. I am new; so, be easy on me.

Mule said:
You talking about me????? Not envious of him at all ..... I don't care either way. Good for him if he wants to take something that far but me envious of him.... Nope. Anybody can obtain those with enough time and money! I don't want it! I'm retiring soon.......I do have the ICC Building Inspector cert. As stated above... I'm retiring soon and see no need to get any more...... You guys can have my part of them..... :)
mule,

i too will be taking my shingles to the social security office shortly for deposit in the round file. congratulations to the both of us.:mrgreen:

good to see david join the action here. i am a little envious of his accomplishment and hope he can learn us old farts a thing or 2!

IRONWORKER said:
If you check, this is my second post. I am new; so, be easy on me.
Okay okay.... I'll be nice :( I know a lot of people look around the forum without joining and I thought you may have been looking for a while and just decided to join. Glad to have you on board. You will be an assett to this board.

pwood.... CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

Thank you for all your welcomes.... I am looking forward to spending more time and exploring the various discussions on the Building Codes Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add my welcome also, and my congrats. And as others have said, please continue to hang out and contribute.

Congrats david bit needing only 4.5 CEUs every 3 years is kinda funny.