• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Defining a "Room" for I-4

Yes, you got it. It's a house, so the rooms are not large. We went to the house again tonight. I think my ideal is to add only ONE pair of exterior french doors on the back bedroom heading into the yard and then join the two back bedrooms so it's one large (albeit weirdly shaped) space. The front room would be our crib room for sleeping. The pickle I'm in is there's no real way to add another exterior door to that front room. I think CPS is going to say no to that even though Its SO close the front door. I mean literally you walk out the bedroom and you're standing in front entry... Rules are rules though, so I doubt they'll bend.

I don’t think TDHS cares, it will be the fire marshal or building dept, that TDHS normally requires an inspection and approval from.

A route to go is ask nicely the fire marshal and building Dept to do a pre walk through, before you go to far down the road.

Sometimes seeing it in person, changed the answer. Plus they have to see it anyway.