• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Disconnect for What?

% o o %

Yet another example of lack of coordination between the trades

[ i.e. - it's not my job to do that ].

What is inside the "double doors area" ?..........Now, in my neck `o
the woods, ...boiler inspectors are "retro-actively" requiring
emergency shut-off switches be installed where natural gas boilers
are installed, albeit on the interior near the exits.

% o o %

IMG_0168.jpeg

There is usually a tool provided to breakn the glass. Is this considered an ignition source?

What's up with the PVC pipe?

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 4.06.57 PM.png

Last edited:
I would assume it's some sort of remote disconnect for the electrical service, pv on site, or ess on site.

Or maybe the gas company requires some sort of shut down for the electrical equipment attached to the gas

I would assume it's some sort of remote disconnect for the electrical service, pv on site, or ess on site.

Or maybe the gas company requires some sort of shut down for the electrical equipment attached to the gas
All possible but all speculation. It is not labeled as to what it is for and the location is questionable.

Working space for electrical, otherwise it looks fine to me. There is no requirement to keep electric and gas away from each other in the IFGC or the NEC. Many utility companies have such rules, but the codes do not. Unless maybe if you want to stretch some NEC hazardous location stuff...

It looks kinda like something a gas station would have.