• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Does this pass?

RJJ

Co-Founder
028.jpg

This was installed without permits. Now there seems to be a problem.

The hood is not too small. The range is too large. :D

Looks like the left side has a blanked off section extending over range. Installation is short on both sides. Remember to maintain the required clearance to combustibles (wooden cabinet.)

If I did that job I would not have gotten a permit either. And I definatly would not have put my tag on the Ansul Automan.

1. No 6 inch overhang of hood

2. Wall cabinet not protected

3. Base cabinet not protected

4. W/O getting my install manual, the nozzles are not protecting the appliance properly. If 1F nozzles are used, the right burners are not protected

5. The alarm wiring should be in flex conduit, not unprotected like it is.

6. Is there anyway to inspect for duct cleanances

7. the fan is not hinged for cleaning. OK, I cannot see the fan, but based on what is visible in the kitchen, I expect the fan is not hinged and the wiring is in the chase or even in the duct.

8. Make-up air?

9. K class extinguisher?

9. 4A60BC extinguisher in the rest of the kitchen?

This does not look to be a resturant kitchen, more like a fraternal hall or church

Does this pass? Nope!

Range: "Just a little bit outside!" fireguy's got a list started for ya!

They like thier cabinets close to the action, don't they!

pc1

Why is it that there is never enough money to do it right the first time, but there is always enough money to do it over? Do over is what it needs.

Hey ewenme, I use that as a signature in my excursion forum, I love it!

As to the pic, close, but not quite there, thanks for trying............