• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Down Draft HOTPOT hood under the table

jasonddd

We are designing exhaust system (downdraft) for a hotpot restaurant (hot pot is like broth served inside a large metal pot and heated by induction cooker underneath). I spoke to the plan reviewer; a type 1 hood is required. I found there are many type 1 downdraft manufacturers but they all come with gas burners. The hotpot are required electrical only that connects to induction cooker.

Does anyone can point out how to find the list of manufacture that UL710 listed?

I have been to few HOTPOT restaurant in LA county. Some They are having type 1 downdraft exhaust system interlock to induction cooker not gas burner. Maybe they are not UL710 listed. Im not sure.