• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Draft hood

ICE

Oh Well
The lip on a draft hood is too short. The screw on the left didn't hit the lip. I have never understood why that lip is so thin. Myself, well I like full lips.

He says that the only thing left to do is the T&P drain pipe but he wasn't sure if he could use copper. Oh and this guy is working for a contractor.....he takes his son to work with him.....today he had two.

OK, first off, he does not need that B-vent inside the room. It is much easier & less costly to use single wall "stove pipe" or round duct to get from the appliance to the B-vent. The be vent does not have to start until the vent is leaving the room where the appliance is located.

The way those stand-off legs are bent, that draft hood may soon become a direct-connection. He may indeed need the type b double wall! That vent is gonna get hot.

bhale7wv said:
OK, first off, he does not need that B-vent inside the room. It is much easier & less costly to use single wall "stove pipe" or round duct to get from the appliance to the B-vent. The be vent does not have to start until the vent is leaving the room where the appliance is located.
The clearance from single wall vent connector to combustibles is 18". Upon hearing that, most people decide that they don't want that inside their home. Outside the building, the clearance required is only 6".

Now please don't quote me on that until you verify it....I might have made the whole thing up.