• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Drainage pipe material

"Yup get them holes facing down and don't connect the gutters into it!"

Better still, keep foundation drainage and storm drainage piping separated all the way to daylight, so a clog in a common line can't back storm drainage up into the foundation drains.
Saw one job recently where I was doing a backfill and found pipes with no holes, and when I went to discuss this with the contractor, the contractor grabbed a shovel and unearthed a second run of perf pipe: the first was exclusively for roof drainage. Rare to see that sort of forethought.

Saw one job recently where I was doing a backfill and found pipes with no holes, and when I went to discuss this with the contractor, the contractor grabbed a shovel and unearthed a second run of perf pipe: the first was exclusively for roof drainage. Rare to see that sort of forethought.
That is what we see now. When I started here, it was common practice to pipe them into the perimeter drain of the home. You know, so every time it rains, you have a water injection system to deliver water as close as possible to your foundation. The up side is you will know if your piping clogs up very quickly. The down side is that because your basement is now a swimming pool.

That is what we see now. When I started here, it was common practice to pipe them into the perimeter drain of the home. You know, so every time it rains, you have a water injection system to deliver water as close as possible to your foundation. The up side is you will know if your piping clogs up very quickly. The down side is that because your basement is now a swimming pool.
Indoor swimming pool? Don't tell SNB assessment.