• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Duct testing

spector51

Ok here's one for the experts. Is there time frame for when a duct leakage test cart should be calibrated. This is for a commercial mid-rise building and the paperwork for this test set-up indicates the set-up was last calibrated in February of 2008. I can not seem to find anything on this but thought a commissioning agent once told me every year. That seems excessive but yet at the same time five years seems like forever. Any help would be appreciated.

spector51 said:
Ok here's one for the experts. Is there time frame for when a duct leakage test cart should be calibrated. This is for a commercial mid-rise building and the paperwork for this test set-up indicates the set-up was last calibrated in February of 2008. I can not seem to find anything on this but thought a commissioning agent once told me every year. That seems excessive but yet at the same time five years seems like forever. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you asking about the calibration of the equipment that is used to perform the pressure test?

Ask the manufacturer. They are the experts on their machine. I expect they will want the tester back so they can do whatever they do.

And if there is a service report generated from the duct testing, the date the tester was new and the date the tester was tested should be on the service report.

spector51 said:
Yes Exactly.
The equipment calibration has always been annually per the manufacturer.

Ductblaster has just increased the calibration requirements to 2 years.

On Government jobs where certified testing is required it is one year on calibrations

5 years per the manufacturer for McGill equipment (grease ducts, etc). Read the calibration chart from the manufacturer.