• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Elevator maintenance.

Sarah Paul

Hi friends. I am posting this for my friend.
He owns an apartment in Ontario. It has been running successfully for five years. From last month, the elevator faced many issues, and the life of people there became difficult. In most days, the elevator was completely off, and people had to depend on stairs, which were very difficult for those on the top floors. He was very upset about the condition of the elevator. He contacted an elevator maintenance company, and they repaired the current problem of the elevator.
Now it is working properly, but he is worried about whether the same situation will occur again.
What guys do you think as a solution? Will the routine maintenance avoids such situation?
I need your suggestions. Thanks

Equipment installed in a building must be maintained in accordance with the manufactures instructions

A pretty generic question.... Seeing that you linked to a company website, is this another drive by website link post?

Sure looks like spam.
I have a colleague who lives in brooklyn, i think. 4th floor walk up. I can’t imagine doing that every day.