• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Engineering work and legals processes

dmal70

Hey everyone! My dad decided to give me his land for lease to start storage and moving business in Ontario, Canada. Right now, it's just a piece of land, and we need to create everything from scratch. The area amounts to 46,875 sq ft, which makes me think this is not a DIY job. I might need to hire professionals. I'm blank about the industrial and construction safety procedures and legal formalities. I might need litigation support through the entire process of construction. Are the workers aware of this or the agency? I searched the internet and people have recommended about consultant with engineering firms. There is this safety engineering consulting firm in Ontario, and they provide thorough analysis regarding building science, safety reviews to follow, machine guarding and other protection systems. I'm completely new in this sector. So please help me out, fellas.

My first impression is that your perception of how things work is wrong.

The laws in Canada are different from those in the United States but I believe that you have Architects. Hire an architect who will layout the process and help you touch all of the bases. You will also want to hire an attorney that is familiar with construction contracts and the process of obtaining permission to build from the city.

You will need to hire several types of consultants but the safety firm you provided the link to is not they type of firm you will need to hire.

How big of a building do you want? how many storeys? What are your storing? People's personal stuff, or rocket fuel? Depending on these items, you might not need any registered professionals.

Phishing. Or not well disguised marketing. I can’t believe some people fall for it, think it’s a real question.

Thanks for all your replies. I was busy some house remodelling works. It's so sad if some of you thought it's disguised marketing. Anyway, appreciate your insights will update on my work.