1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

EPA

Discussion in 'Wildland Urban Interface' started by conarb, Aug 11, 2015.

1. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

Time to get rid of all EPA regulations, also time to get rid of sovereign immunity, time to make the government liable for their actions just like the rest of us are responsible for our actions.

¹ http://www.wsj.com/articles/mine-busters-at-the-epa-1439336495

2. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

A week before The EPA disastrously leaked millions of gallons of toxic waste into The Animas River in Colorado, this letter to the editor was published in The Silverton Standard & The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist detailing verbatim, how EPA would foul the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money...

"But

make no mistake, within seven days, all of the 500gpm flow will return to Cememnt Creek. Contamination may actually increase... The "grand experiment" in my opinion will fail.

And guess what [EPA's] Mr. Hestmark will say then?

Gee, "Plan A" didn't work so I guess we will have to build a treatment plant at a cost to taxpayers of $100 million to $500 million (who knows).

Reading between the lines, I believe that has been the EPA's plan all along"¹

Sovereign immunity or not the government employees responsible should go to jail for this.

¹

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-12/did-epa-intentionally-poison-animas-river-secure-superfund-money

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-12/did-epa-intentionally-poison-animas-river-secure-superfund-money' rel="external nofollow">

3. MASSDRIVER

MASSDRIVER Sawhorse

Let the canings begin.

Followed by the hangings.

We reap the rewards of risk protected personnel. It's not a small matter.

Brent.

4. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

From what I've heard the EPA has been trying for 25 years to get these 19th century gold mines declared a superfund site to bring millions in government money into their jurisdiction, all the residents have fought it because anything near a superfund site declines in value, quite a recreational industry had developed there too bringing money in and they feared this would be driven away. They are speculating that the EPA deliberately caused the release so they could unquestionably have the entire area declared a superfund site.

5. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

While I don't believe in removing the regulation, no one should be immune from prosecution when they are negligent.

6. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Sawhorse

EPA

Environmental Pollution Agency

They issue permits to pollute

7. cda

cda Sawhorse

Well they found a cheaper way to get rid of the liquid in the mine!

8. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

The EPA is the topic of a congressional hearing today, the scientist who exposed the Flint lead pipe situation testified:

And here the EPA is prosecuting small contractors for exposing minute amounts of lead dust when sanding pint while turning a blind eye towards cities supplying vast amounts of lead in their drinking water.

As to his comments about corruption in science Eisenhower warned us in his Farewell Address:

Maybe they can get that infamous 97% of scientists who claim the earth is being destroyed by anthropogenic global warming to say drinking lead-laced water isn't dangerous but lead in paint dust is?

¹ http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/03/scientist-life-in-flint-is-surreal-like-orwells-1984/

² http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm