• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Erosion Control

ICE

Oh Well
It is that time of year.

The pile used to be the driveway. The contractor was there. I told him that this isn't allowed. He said, "Oh I know that". To which I said, "If you know it, why did you do it" He replied, "I didn't do it". Then he tells me that he is the second contractor on this job ans since he didn't make the pile, he doesn't have to move it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97859466@N05/10768542886/[/URL]

Five minutes into it the sky opened up.

10768813035_cc5a0b064e_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97859466@N05/10768813035/

Two days later...two blocks away.

10768538986_72e81e6ce2_o.jpg

10768538986_2c0d510b20_b.jpg
rel="external nofollow">

The biggest 'dirt polluters' by far in the city of San Diego is the city itself with the unpaved alleys in hilly areas. BTW historically that is how sand has been formed, by the runoff from the canyons into the ocean.

Tell the owner They have three days to comply with all NPDES, SUSMP AND BMPS requirements.

Then fine them.... the contractor will remove the "stuff"

If I so much as mention a fine I can look forward to a lecture. I don't think that I can levy a fine. As I recall the fine is $25,700.00 per day. The state has the power to levy a fine. Wal-Mart paid the fine. Wal-Mart now requires contractors to attend a Wal-Mart SWPPP school in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Years ago I had a case where a large corporation was allowing tons (literal tons) of soil to enter the drainage channel. I was ignored so I summoned the state. This site was large enough (?000 acres) that they have their own SWPPP permit.

The state inspector came and went. I was told to stay away. Nothing changed and it has been happening every winter. It isn't a typical construction site and when they build something they make sure that I am not the inspector.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are slimey SWWPS a-holes, just as there are slimey ADA a-holes, that will be happy to sue someone over that, as that is how they fund themselves. I'm surprised one has not slithered by yet.

God forbid dirt goes somewhere it has gone for millions of years before.

Having said that; No, he can't do that.

Brent.

ICE said:
It is that time of year. The pile used to be the driveway. The contractor was there. I told him that this isn't allowed. He said, "Oh I know that". To which I said, "If you know it, why did you do it" He replied, "I didn't do it". Then he tells me that he is the second contractor on this job ans since he didn't make the pile, he doesn't have to move it.
Cite the owner not the contractor