• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fire Alarm-Notification devices in Private offices

VAC

SAWHORSE
I did a quick search but came up empty.
Simple question, but Fire alarms/notification devices is not my area of expertise.
I'm am aware of the need for strobes in public and common use areas, and employees areas being wired in case it becomes required.
My question is, are (audible) notification devices (alarms without the strobe) required in private offices? all occupiable areas? and would that be spelled out somewhere?

I'm not trying to design an alarm system, I'm just trying to understand the basic requirements for the audible part/devices.~TIA

[F] 907.5.2.1.1 Average sound pressure. The audible alarm notification appliances shall provide a sound pressure level of 15 decibels (dBA) above the average ambient sound level or 5 dBA above the maximum sound level having a duration of not less than 60 seconds, whichever is greater, in every occupiable space within the building

[F] 907.5.2.1.1 Average sound pressure. The audible alarm notification appliances shall provide a sound pressure level of 15 decibels (dBA) above the average ambient sound level or 5 dBA above the maximum sound level having a duration of not less than 60 seconds, whichever is greater, in every occupiable space within the building
I don't know how I missed that under all the other exceptions! Thank you.

I don't know how I missed that under all the other exceptions!
A hint for the rest of us: you can download a sound-measuring application onto your phone for *just* this purpose.
didn't even think of that! thanks for the hint!