1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

fire sprinkler main flush

Discussion in 'Commercial Fire Codes' started by cda, Dec 30, 2009.

1. cda

cda Sawhorse

Frank has not signed on in four years

2. Paul Sweet

Paul Sweet Sawhorse

Frank has retired.

3. cda

cda Sawhorse

Maybe we need a retirement thread category,

That way they can log on every so often and just put a laugh track in, at the one still Codeing.

4. cda

cda Sawhorse

To me you would need to know what the particular fire hydrant flows.

T_Puente likes this.
  5. cda

cda Sawhorse

Just open say three of the steamer connections, let them flow till you are happy, and than do the same to the other three.

Not sure why you are getting debris, after all that water has flowed?

I would say no matter what the flow rated is, I would want to see no debris at the end of the time.

6. T_Puente

T_Puente Registered User

Thanks CDA

7. FM William Burns

FM William Burns Moderator

A chart could only be used as a hydraulic guide. Without physical or electronic measurement I could not accept. Since this discussion, I have traveled to many presentations that I gave on fire protection systems maintenance and testing with my box.

The box holds physical aids for the presentations since I had to learn the actual definitions for pebble, stone, rock and boulder in testimony preparation. The prep was necessary after a national chain 1.8 million s.f. distribution center replaced (2) fire pumps during a commissioning test due to foreign object damage I warned could occur. I collected evidence and used it. It was a Perry Mason moment I grin at every time I have to give the reference in a presentation.

8. Insurance Engineer

Insurance Engineer Registered User

Us retired folks still stop by.......this one is a trip down memory lane.....from what I remember....you know old folks and memory....lol

FM William Burns and my250r11 like this.