• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Floor drain by overhead door?????

pletzer28

I am in the process of putting up my commercial building for a woodworking shop. Iam wondering i am i required to put a drain by each overhead door? I am located in WI. My shop floor has a 10' x 14' overhead door and i need that floor space level. I have a catch basin by other 10 x 10. which is separated by a wall to the other overhead door. Shop is 2640 sq ft.

Thanks

Section 412 of the ICC Plumbing Code does not list any required location near an overhead door. Is it adopted in WI?

I will assume its for snow melt? Is it connected to the house drain system?

I don't know of any requirement that would make you put one there unless it's something local. If you are required to put one they are you could always install one of the preformed trench drains along the door line. That would allow you to keep the level floor you want, I'm assuming so you can do assemblies much easier.