• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

FOAM-WATER WET SYSTEMS

FM William Burns

Anyone have a spread sheet for the Darcy formula for checking friction loss in piping carrying foam concentrate? I’ll check the other forum later!

Where is Haz :(

Re: FOAM-WATER WET SYSTEMS

Send HAZ a pm to see if he has one or knows of one

I do not know of a spreadsheet. I use the formulas and diagrams in NFPA 16. You could check with the foam manufacturer.

Haz seems to have fallen off the earth! :roll:

I would contact the manufacturer for tech support! They have to have run some numbers on this before.

Thanks guys and thanks Cda for the links. I'll check out that calculator tomorrow. Haz helped me develop the water/sprinkler spread sheet and I'll shoot him a email.

CougDad,

That's what I was planning to do when the calc package comes in but I thought there might be a (for lack of better term) cheat sheet out there. I use one for water flows etc. for sprinkler calcs but the anit-freeze and foam requires use of DW and I need to brush up on that formula so I can verify the calcs don't have too much garbage in....... Thanks!

I think Haz is under contract to a BBQ facility

Just an update........... learned through very reliable resource that one only needs to verify calculations using the Darcy formula for the section of piping carrying the foam or concentration to the water piping.......... which was a great relief.

P.S. Thanks again Cda for the link, it lead me to additional calculators that will become very handy if I ever get a large foam carrying piping network.