• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forum newbie

cballinger

Bronze Member
I've viewed discussions in this forum many times that popped up in my google searches and have often found them helpful. I have a complicated code question that I can't find similar discussions on, so thought it's about time I join and post my first. So, here I am. Hello all!

Once I figure out how to post and navigate, I will post my question in the appropriate forum (hopefully) for building code questions. Bear with me while I find my bearings and keep an eye out for my IBC Chapter 34 question, it's a fun one. :)

FYI - I'm a Building Code Analyst (plan reviewer) in Indianapolis, IN. We currently enforce the 2006 IBC, as amended by the State of IN.

Welcome

Post away

I like the title

Building Code Analyst

I thought you were here to give us burned out code people some mental analyst

You can post and if it needs to be moved that can be done.

Sounds like just post it under commercial building code , unless you see something else

cballinger said:
I've viewed discussions in this forum many times that popped up in my google searches and have often found them helpful. I have a complicated code question that I can't find similar discussions on, so thought it's about time I join and post my first. So, here I am. Hello all! Once I figure out how to post and navigate, I will post my question in the appropriate forum (hopefully) for building code questions. Bear with me while I find my bearings and keep an eye out for my IBC Chapter 34 question, it's a fun one. :)

FYI - I'm a Building Code Analyst (plan reviewer) in Indianapolis, IN. We currently enforce the 2006 IBC, as amended by the State of IN.
Welcome to the forum and we are looking forward to your participation!

Is it ok to post the same question under two different sections? Thought about posting it under Commercial Building Code also, maybe it would get more input that way?

Are you a plan reviewer for the State of Indiana or a local company. I am located in northern Indiana and use the same code cycles. Have found a lot of assistance with this forum and always enjoy the conversation. Still need to submit sawhorse contribution to help the site become even better. It appears that the state plan review is undergoing some big changes right now with some of the new laws. Hopefully this site will answer some of the questions you might have, or raise even more questions based on some points of view expressed here.

Welcome!

Yes, you can cross post, only problem in my opinion is the discussion gets diluted. Most folks when they check in just hit the "New Posts" link, don't have to bounce around, and answers are all in one place.

Enjoy!

Always check the responses in your code prior to decenminating anything you get from the Internet.

And have a thick skin

And enjoy the ride