• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Gas logs

High Desert said:
I wasn't referring to whether they can get fired, but rather to the California Tort Claim Law. You can miss a lot of stuff on an inspection, even maliciously, and be protected by the law. That's absolutely ludicrous.
Stupid people want a job too. But don't take my word for it when you can ask them yourself. I'm pretty sure that malicious wouldn't be a stretch either. Come to think of it, ludicrous fits too. You're pretty good, it's like you know these people.

Last edited by a moderator:
brudgers said:
I find your concern with the conservation of hot air to be a bit ironic. The lack of concern over the loss of life, a bit disappointing.
Got any figures on the loss of life averted by a lone inspector rejecting his supervisor's instructions and forcing the populace to "Do the Dance"?

FogHorn

There you go High Desert, a triple threat just popped up.

ICE said:
Stupid people want a job too. But don't take my word for it when you can ask them yourself. I'm pretty sure that malicious wouldn't be a stretch either. Come to think of it, ludicrous fits too. You're pretty good, it's like you know these people.
I've run accross a few too many.

This thread was just getting warm, what up?

We were about to get into some energy conservation ideology or is it idiotology (you know real save the world stuff).

Ok maybe that’s not fair. There are some very smart people on both sides of the argument.

I think we should contact Bruce Buffer and have him do some fight announcements for this thread. Have an audio file that opens up when you click on this thread....

Wasn't able to check the site this week until now and WHOA. I thought this thread was dead on page one. As I said on page one, I usually agree with ICE just not on this topic. At least he is motivated for the right reasons. I know he is trying to protect the people by trying to make things safer. I don't see any god complex.

One of the hardest things we have to do is learn to stay in the book and ignore "what ifs."

I will get slaughtered for saying this.... I do believe that it is important sometimes to NOT enforce the book per se. If I enforced all of the book they would never pass a framing inspection. Any good structural inspector can find 20 or more violations on a house if you looked hard enough. Focus on what's important.

I look forward to many more posts from ICE and value his opinions greatly.

There's a log lighter under the glass. The damper has no hardware to prevent it from closing. I came across this at a house for sale.