• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Global Warming Dead

conarb

Stanford scientists along with NASA have declared

in 15 years, here are other scientists explaining it , so can we please get rid of these stupid green and energy codes? The massive fraud is over. Whatever happened to Jim Brown? Didn't we have a forum "Ask Jim Brown"? We could ask Jim to propose eliminating these codes.

Eliminate the energy codes? You are going to have some very cold people in northern states in 15 years...

tmurray said:
Eliminate the energy codes? You are going to have some very cold people in northern states in 15 years...
That might hold water if people hadnt already been living there the past 300 years or so, and say 70 years under modern building practices.

It won't get any colder, just more of it.

Brent.

OK going to chime in here since I am fully aware that you have had an agenda with this for some time.

First, energy codes are not solely based on global warming, much of it has to do with the reliance on foreign oil AND economics of trying to heat or cool your home economically. I'm not going to argue with you, because you have your position and you can believe whatever you want when it is convenient for you. I would love for you to move to the northeast and live in an older home that has no insulation (I have) and see how much of your wallet takes a massive hit (mine did). It is easy to live in a very consistent climate and have this sort of an opinion, but, like I have posted before, I had heating bills that were way out of line in older homes and less than 1/3 of it in a newer, energy compliant home of the same size. You can start your journey to eliminate these codes and I will put a copy of the newest version on your casket. Won't happen but you can always dream.

Why did it take a massive lie to achieve this goal? Why is so much of this money going to the government and the universities, who themselves have lived a massive lie that education gives you a higher income? Correlation is not causation, in the past people with elite educations made more money because only the smart and wealthy went to college. When I went to Stanford we were told we were there to get a liberal education, if we got good enough grades we could get admitted to a good trade school like law school, medical school, or an engineering school, or do anything we wanted to do, but education will never make you a dime. The fact is trillions have gone into universities with this lie, the real problem is overpopulation, some scientists (like John Holdren Obama's Science Czar) claim that the earth has a sustainable carrying capacity of 700 million to 2 billion people, we are now at 8 billion.

[QUOTE='Wikipedia]Overpopulation was an early concern and interest. In a 1969 article, Holdren and co-author Paul R. Ehrlich argued, "if the population control measures are not initiated immediately, and effectively, all the technology man can bring to bear will not fend off the misery to come." In 1973, Holdren encouraged a decline in fertility to well below replacement in the United States, because "210 million now is too many and 280 million in 2040 is likely to be much too many." In 1977, Paul R. Ehrlich, Anne H. Ehrlich, and Holdren co-authored the textbook Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment; they discussed the possible role of a wide variety of means to address overpopulation. These included some extreme measures, none of which Ehrlichs and Holdren advocated, such as forced sterilization, compulsory abortion, contraceptives in the food and water supply, reproductive licenses, and more. ¹

[/QUOTE]Back to climate, I have no problem with people insulating and sealing up homes and businesses if they want to save money, the fact is we are forced to and we are building the worst homes ever built. Why should I, in a moderate climate, be forced to insulate my house when it does little if any good, telling me to insulate my homes is like telling you to build on 20' deep 36" diameter piers with steel frames on them like we are being forced to do, I don't need insulation and you don't need earthquake bracing.

The Green Code is a disaster, forcing people to live near transit, provide bicycle racks, windows in front doors and front porches to sit on to commune with neighbors, it's called the Communitarian Agenda.

[QUOTE='Wikipedia]Communitarianism is a philosophy that emphasizes the connection between the individual and the community. Although the community might be a family unit, communitarianism usually is understood, in the wider, philosophical sense, as a collection of interactions, among a community of people in a given place (geographical location), or among a community who share an interest or who share a history. Communitarian philosophy is based upon the belief that a person's social identity and personality are largely molded by community relationships, with a smaller degree of development being placed on individualism.²

[/QUOTE]The elimination of individual freedoms in favor of community values is communism.

This whole farce was cooked up by the Club of Rome with their first "Bible", Limits to Growth:

[QUOTE='Wikipedia]In 1991, the Club published The First Global Revolution. It analyses the problems of humanity, calling these collectively or in essence the 'problematique'. It notes (laments) that, historically, social or political unity has commonly been motivated by enemies in common: "The need for enemies seems to be a common historical factor. Some states have striven to overcome domestic failure and internal contradictions by blaming external enemies. The ploy of finding a scapegoat is as old as mankind itself - when things become too difficult at home, divert attention to adventure abroad. Bring the divided nation together to face an outside enemy, either a real one, or else one invented for the purpose. With the disappearance of the traditional enemy, the temptation is to use religious or ethnic minorities as scapegoats, especially those whose differences from the majority are disturbing." "Every state has been so used to classifying its neighbours as friend or foe, that the sudden absence of traditional adversaries has left governments and public opinion with a great void to fill. New enemies have to be identified, new strategies imagined, and new weapons devised." "In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, which we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself."³[

[/QUOTE]Peak Oil was found a fraud, now Global Warming has been found a fraud, there is only one constant truth that everyone in science knows, the world is overpopulating itself, and that's what has to be dealt with. When the ICC was founded we were told that the code writing organizations had to merge and write an International Code for the entire world, and if they didn't do it the government was going to do it, we see now why the government forced the merger, energy codes and green codes.

¹ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Holdren

² https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communitarianism

³ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome

JBI said:
What Jeff said...
Well JBI, you are in New York, I was permitting a home and having constant problems with the SE plan checker, at one point she said she didn't have time for me because she was working on the Bing Concert Hall, I said: "Oh, Peter Bing was a classmate of mine." She asked: "How did he make all of his money?" I said: "He didn't, his father and uncle came over from Hungary after the First World War, penniless Jews, and built Cooperative apartments all over New York City, and those buildings are still standing, there were no codes at that time and those buildings have held up just fine." She said: "Oh, that's New York City, they don't need codes there because they have no earthquakes". Read about Bing & Bing here.