• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

God speed, Sandman

Coug Dad

Platinum Member
This was posted at the end of a dying off topic post by Sandman and probably missed by most:

My Christmas gift to my wife of 24 years will be my deployment to Iraq for 12 months starting this week. I am convinced she prefers the company of her three cats to me, which when all other things are considered, isn't that bad of a trade off. If the cats could get jobs, earn money and pay the bills, I would have no value at all. Just sayin'.

Stay safe Sandman, and you will be in my prayers

Please do stay safe and return to your wife give her a different gift maybe a hug and a kiss and try and enjoy the little things. But before all of that get back here whole. Be safe and thank you so much for what you are selflessly doing for everyone else.

Hey Sandman,

You got the right stuff!

There'll be plenty of dumbshiite stuff for you keep us straight on while you're over there doing the real stuff.

Thanks and keep safe.

Bill

Thanks

Thank you, fellas. These messages about brought a tear to my eye. I leave for Iraq early tomorrow. I'll catch up with y'all in 2012.

I wish you all well in your careers. Hold on, the economy will pick up soon enough, but it might be a rough ride for a little while longer. The built environment is a better and safer place thanks to all of you.

The Sandman has left the building.

sandman, been there done that. That is NOT braging. I'm taking a big chance here but... at one time wishing I could put cold a round through a cold heart. Long, long time ago... Perhaps this is better said in a private message but want all to see. Brother, take the high road. It's hard as hell but take the high road... Dam it's hard. I hear you hurtin. Dam.

Stay safe, Godspeed.......Thank you and all the troops for your service to the USA. Keep up with us while you're there, when my son was over there, he had internet access all the time except when he was on checkpoint.

Keep safe Sandman. And as others have said, Thanks for your service and dedication to keeping our way of life safe.

I've got a son-in-law who is back in Iraq on his second tour. He says it's a lot safer than it was 18 months ago during his first tour, but I'd take my chances in Detroit over going to Iraq. May the Lord bless and keep you Sandman, my son-in-law and all who are over there trying to keep this world, our world a safer place to live in.