• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Green Construction and Fire Protection

If you believe as most of the green ones do, then they made a good point in the article. The majority of us who enforce the codes think about human life safety, and the green ones think about the planets life safety.

I am truly glad that the green ones may help our human life safety cause by backing sprinkler systems.

Bravo Green ones, and I mean that in a non-threatening hopefully not to politically incorrect way.

I guess whats next is acompleteand unbiased evaluation of the manufacturing process of plastic piping for a sprinkler system and actual installation carbon foot print of stocking supplies and actual electricity or gas generator use during installation VS the potential of a fire and the potential of damage caused by said fire and the potential of associated repairs, outweighs one another. Which one will it be????? I'll take $50.00 on red:)

Your right they will probably go to the government and get $500,000,000. just for the evaluation, find that sprinklers kill some kind of fish in the Mariana Trench and have the EPA set some kind of regulation against sprinkler system. The DOJ will prosecute some poor sob for having a 30 year old sprinkler system and the fines will pour in daily in the $100s of thousands and the EPA will get bigger & bigger as it guts the sprinklers from American businesses.